18. jul. 2011

Poem

Leaking eyes

Hey, it's okay - The show is still on,
And it'll start again at the break of dawn.
Happiness seems so unachievable,
But from now on I am invulnerable.
It's a battlefield out there - and this is war,
But it's all right, I've got unbreakable armor.
Protecting myself the best I've learned,
Despite the bridges that I have burned.
But behind this shiny helmed hides,
My swollen red leaking eyes.

Who's a friend and who's the enemy?
While we wander around dreadfully.
Hiding in the shadow of faking smiles,
Trust nobody! It's all cheat and lies.
We must be strong - we have to fight,
Though it's hard at 3 o'clock in the night.
We must struggle and overcome this trial,
But the truth is we remain in this denial.
But at this point I cannot compromise,
For my hollow dead leaking eyes.

Truth be told; No one's gonna suffer for you,
Nor will anybody see your flaws through.
Honestly spoken we are all little loners,
Independent souls without any owners.
Tell the world that I can cope alone,
'Cause I can survive all on my own.
At times it is hard to face another dawn,
While wishing it would all just get gone.
Piece by piece my lonely heart dies,
And you can see it in my leaking eyes.

© Kiri Rehmeier

1 kommentar:

  1. Jeg elsker designet på din blog efter du har leget lidt med det!

    og det er et enormt flot digt <3

    SvarSlet