21. jul. 2011

Letter Challenge Day 3

A letter to your parents
Dear mum and dad

As for some, but in fact not all, you as my parents have been a huge part of my life.
I love you both more than you know.
Mum.. You're always there for me. But in your own way. You are the one that I run home to. In your arms I can scream in tears and curse everything I hate. You used to tell me that it could not be true, all the stuff that I hate. But in time you got to know how I truly feel. Now when I come crying to you, and tell you that the world is shit, you tell me; "I know". Cause now you do. Now you do know. And I'm glad. I mean.. shouldn't all kids be able to be honest with their parents? I love all the small things we do together. When you read my horoscope out loud for me. When we sit together and enjoy a cigarette while drinking coffee. When you ask me if I've had a good time while not home. When you come say goodnight before you go to bed. I have never felt that you weren't proud of me. I know you always will be. 

Dad.. You're the type of man that can fix everything. The only thing I've ever experienced that you were not able to fix, is me. And I know it's been bugging you a lot. "We must be able to fix this somehow?" you told me once. But it's okay dad. I know that you can't fix me, and I hate it too. I'm sure that it still crosses your mind from time to time. I really appreciate how badly you wish to help me. More than you will ever know. But dad, I have to help my self. It's hard, but when I think of the smallest things that you can do to help me, I come to you. I've come crying in your arms in the middle of the night. Sometimes we talk about it. Sometimes we don't have to. Sometimes it's like you read my mind. I don't have to tell, cause you already know. I know you're always there. And I love that. You have no idea how happy it makes me when you do all those little things that seems indifferent, such as just having a cup of coffee with me. When you help me carry my stuff out of the car. When you tell me to drive safely and take care of myself. When you tell me that you're proud of me for something I did, and then afterwards remind me that you're proud of me no matter what. 

You've given me so much. I love you too so much. You are the best parents one could have. I feel sorry for all the children in the world, who do not feel loved. I have never felt that you didn't love me. At times it hasn't meant as much as others, but no matter what it truly matters. I cannot think of anyone who has bigger hearts than you. 
Thank you for being the best parents. I love you.

Forever yours
Kiri Rehmeier

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar