19. jul. 2011

Letter Challenge Day 1

A letter to your best friend

Dear Casper

The concept; "best friends" are being misused if you ask me. Some people think that a best friend is the best friend that you have - rather it's a very good friendship or just a mediocre one. The best one out of the many. The best one out of all the 538 Facebook friends. I used to think so too. That the guy friend I was with the most, would have the title as my best friend.

Today I know better. Now I know what a best friend really is. Now I know the true meaning of the concept.
A best friend is that one person to whom you can say everything and anything to. The one friend with whom you can do everything, but also do nothing with.
Yeah that's all good right? But there's more. This is where people get the wrong idea, cause this is where some people cannot understand. A true best friend is the person you will travel to the end of the world after. The one person that you would rent a rowboat and sail across the atlantic to get to. The person that drives for two hours to your house on a Tuesday night, just to be with you when your ass is on fire. The one person you would die for. The person you care so much about, that you would even leave the love of your life. The love is so unconditional that it is hard for some to understand. But my conclusion is that the people thinking this is to over do it, has never had a friendship as ours themselves.
Our friendship is out of this world. It is too different for people to understand. I think that's why people keep thinking we're a couple. Our society is not made for friendships like ours. People do not think it is possible to have such a close relation to someone that you're not in a relationship with.
But honestly... I don't give a fuck. I don't care what people think. So what if our friendship scares men away from me - that doesn't matter. Cause really, I would never go out with a man if he wasn't being accepting about our friendship.
Our friendship is everything to me. I could never leave you. Without you I cannot live.

I have told you many times.. I've said it to your face. I've texted it. I've said it on the phone. I've written it on paper. Posted it on Facebook. I've written it on my Twitter. I've laughed it. I've screamed it. I've yelled it. I've said it randomly. I told everyone. I told the world. I've said it in many languages. I've cried it. I've screamed it in tears... But now I'm gonna say it again:
- I love you more than anything. Without you my life wouldn't be worth living.

Truly and sincerely yours
Kiri Rehmeier

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar